Chilly Climate Triggered Funds – Can You Get £ 25 On Your Vitality Payments?
Who is Eligible?
You may receive cold weather payments if you receive:
- Retirement loan
- social care
- Income-related unemployment benefit
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Universal credit
- Support for mortgage interest
The exact criteria depend on your situation. For example, you usually only receive cold weather payments if you are on a universal loan and are not employed or self-employed. If you have universal credit and you are unemployed, one of the following conditions must also be met:
- You have a state of health or a disability and are only able to work to a limited extent
- You have a child under the age of five who lives with you
If you have a universal loan, you are eligible even if you have a disabled child, regardless of whether you are employed or not.
For a full list of the criteria for each benefit, see Gov.uk.
How can I check if a payment is due?
You can check where payments were triggered by using the government's winter fuel payment tool.