Martin Lewis: How You Can Save 1000’s By Reducing Vitality, TV, Broadband, Phone, and Council Tax Payments
How to Cut Digital TV Bills
On the subject, Martin said: "These can be very expensive – £ 1,000 a year some people can easily spend."
His main tips were as follows:
- Many can save £ 200 to £ 400 a year. Do a channel check to decide which channels you actually need and remove the ones you don't want. Martin also said that when you've separated digital television and broadband it's usually cheaper to merge them.
- Haggle when you are (or not) at the end of your contract. Martin said, "Really, the power here is all about the haggling when you are at the end of or out of your contract." His main tips here are:
– Check the comparison pages for benchmark prices
– Think about the success rates of those who try: Sky 80% +, Virgin, TalkTalk, and BT 70% +
– Be polite and charming, not aggressive
– Reach customer loyalty (the company will likely refer to these as disruptions, but they actually want to try to retain you).
You can find more help on this in our manual on digital TV offerings.